Avocado and shrimp salad
I love recipes that are fresh, healthy, and quick to prep! Especially when you are in University. And this avocado & shrimp salad fits all of those categories. Another great thing about this dish is that you only need a few ingredients, also makes it cheap as a student. That is always a win!
- 1 large avocado, cut into small chunks
- 1 slice of a medium size onion (you could also substitute 2 green onion stalks or any sort you like.)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- ⅛ C. cilantro, chopped
- 1 C of salad shrimp (You can use a small can located near tuna at the grocery store. Or, you can use the frozen cooked shrimp. (as you wish)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut the avocado into small chunks and place into a medium-size bowl.
- Next dice the tomato, onion and cilantro and place in the bowl with the avocado.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and gently combine all ingredients mixing well.
You could always play around with the ingredients and add things you like, as I this time choose to drop the cilantro. If you have a lime, squeezing just a splash of fresh lime juice on this to get a fresh taste.